Monday, December 10, 2012

#898 Eiffel Tower, Paris, France

http://www.frenchcravings.com/tag/eiffel-tower-image/

When I was on the top of this amazing structure, I was more than on top of the world: I was in heaven. It was on the Eiffel Tower that I first discovered that I am exhilarated by high places. I wanted to walk up and then walk down, both vetoed by my family. Sadly, don't have my own photos so commercial ones will have to suit. I looked at the chained in viewing platform imagining the crazy people who caused such confinement to be necessary. I loved watching students throw paper darts off the top, and seeing them sail away with the wind. What an unusual symbol of a country, but a beautiful one. I remember hearing that Parisiennes hated it when it was first built, but of course, now they wouldn't dream of it.

The collapsible toy, whether in the form of a pencil sharpener, or some other such thing... I think that must be one of the most famous souvenirs and so clever!
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/eiffel-tower-landmark.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment